See what I did there? 😉 Can you believe it’s August? We got Peyton’s Back-To-School supply list, and have been searching for the perfect first day of school looks for the girls. But in the middle of all that hustle, I had to remind myself it’s still summer!
We are making the last weeks of summer count over here. We are soaking up long days at the pool, first sleepovers, and all the golf and swim classes ever. So, how do we plan on ending summer with a bang?! Here are a few ways we are cramming a summer of fun into a few weeks:
- wearing matching family pajamas and having a bonfire and movie night on the patio
- collecting rocks in the backyard, painting them, and attaching googly eyes to make “rock bugs!”
- mini getaways to the beach with good friends
- planning a surprise trip to a water park and swimming all day long
- having a water ballon fight (have you tried those things that fill up 100 at a time? They work!!)
- make your own pizza on the grill night (always a hit! see my blog post here!)
- go on an ice cream boat ride. Our friends introduced us to this, and it’s literally just ice cream on a boat. But it was WAY more exciting than ice cream on the deck!
- getting all the fixings for s’mores and having a bonfire out back. Bonus challenge: who can roast the best marshmallow! (bonus bonus: wear matching pajamas!)
I really think a set of family matching pajamas can make an evening so much more special. When I walked into the living room with these striped Hanna Andersson pajamas, the girls went nuts! They love when they all match, and couldn’t believe David was getting in on the fun! (He is SUCH a trooper for his girls!!)
Valid today only, save an EXTRA 25% on everything at Hanna Andersson (even clearance!!). Use code CHERRYONTOP. And snag free shipping on orderes over $100!
If you want more summer fun ideas, see last year’s summer bucket list post here.
shop the post:
This post is sponsored by Hanna Andersson. All content and opinions remain my own!