Just in time for the 4th of July, I am sharing my Red, White, and Blue Bark recipe!! This is a favorite of adults and kids alike, and the bonus? It is SO easy to make.
Red, White, and Blue Bark Recipe
Keep reading for the recipe, and check out this video with the steps, too:
- milk chocolate chips (about 2 cups)
- white chocolate chips (about 2 cups)
- parchment paper
- festive m&m’s
What you do:
- Start by lining a baking sheet with parchment paper. This will save on clean up time!
- Melt your milk chocolate chips in the microwave a glass bowl. I did 20 second increments stirring between!
- Spread the melted chocolate on the parchment paper using a silicone spatula. Be careful!! The bowl will be hot!
- Let the chocolate sit on the counter until it’s hardened. DO NOT put it in the fridge. That will cause it to be too cold when you do the white layer, and it’ll harden way too quickly. Fight the urge!
- Once the milk chocolate has set, you can microwave the white chocolate chips, following the same method as you did with the milk chocolate chips in step 2.
- Spread the melted white chocolate on top of the milk chocolate. Don’t spread it to the edge, so you have a little “crust” of milk chocolate visible.
- Working relatively quickly, so the chocolate doesn’t set, you can add your sprinkles and M&M’s candy. It might help to gently press the candy in.
- Let it sit until hardened. At this point, it’s safe to put it in the fridge, to speed up the process 😉
- Once it’s completely cooled/hardened, you can break it up! If you opt to use a knife, transfer the parchment paper to a cutting board. I prefer to break it up with my hands!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge — this will want to melt, especially on a hot day!
Bam! This is an easy, crowd-pleasing dessert. It stores for a while, and you can simply place it in the fridge to firm it back up if it starts to get soft!