Make up! Who doesn’t love make up!? I am SO excited for this post. The other day, I asked on my Instagram Stories if you’d be interested in a review/round up of my recent Sephora/Ulta make up and beauty haul – the response was an easy YES. So, here we go:
Let’s start with what skincare. You need a fresh canvas, after all!
I haven’t loved a line as much as I have loved First Aid Beauty. My must have products are:
- The Facial Radiance Pads – I use these every morning and every night after cleansing. They just refresh my skin, and give me a radiant, clean face.
- The Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum – This doesn’t just hydrate and moisturize my skin, it also helps with fine lines. Yes, please!
- Hello Fab Machta Wake Up Wipes – I cannot travel without these! It’s like a double shot of expresso for your face.
- Hello Fab Coconut Skin Smoothie Primer – This is my go-to primer for summer days, or days when I am going for a more natural look. If I am planning on doing a face full of make up, I use the one I talk about below!
- Hello Fab Coconut Water Cream – A surge of moisture to your face. If my face got a lot of sun, or if it’s feeling a little dry (thanks, winter), I’ll put this on before bed!
- Hello Fab Mango Butter Multi Stick – my go-to daily highlighter. It slides on like butter, and blends so easily into skin. I use it down my nose and on my cheeks. I get the chamoagne color.
I also love using the Saturday Skin Hydrating Essence in the summer, when I’ve been outside or on the beach all day. It’s like hitting refresh for your face. The Featherweight Daily Moisturizing Cream is my go-to evening moisturizer. A little goes a long way, so you definitely get some bang for your buck on this one!
To remove my eye make up, this Sephora brand remover has been my go-to for the last 5 years. It works on waterproof mascaras, and never burns or irritates my eyes.
I like to use these Eye Gels a few nights a week, to refresh my face. I am hooked on them – and so is David 😉
Ok, so now that my face is taken care of, let’s jump into makeup! (this would be my routine for a night out, or an event! My regular day look would be the Hello Fab Primer, my Tinted Moisturizer, and some eyeliner!)
- This was a new purchase, and I don’t know how I lived without it. I start with this Blur Primer from Yves Saint Laurent. It has some sparkles in it, but it isn’t overwhelming once it is on your face. A little goes a long way, and this is my absolute favorite ever – totally worth the splurge. It feels like velvet going on your skin.
- I use a tinted moisturizer instead of a foundation. I love that this one contains sunscreen, too!
- Parenting has given me some lovely under-eye bags, this concealer is my favorite, and it never gets cakey on me. Instead of doing a big under-eye triangle like a lot of beauty youtubers, I do three dots under my eyes, and blend once I have my countour on!
- This contour stick was a new purchase, too. It blends so well. I use it on my cheeks, and the sides of my nose. I blend it, and my under-eye concealer with my beauty blender.
- Pro tip: someone told me this hack on instagram: spray your beauty blender with a setting spray instead of just dampening it with water. It’ll help set your makeup better! Mind = blown!
- Once I am done with that, I set it with this setting powder. I love it under my eyes.
- I use this brush to blend it all, and I AM OBSESSED. This was another new purchase, and again, I don’t know how I lived without it.
- I have naturally pink in my cheeks, so I don’t mess around with blush. If it is a casual day, and I am going for a natural look, I will use my Hello Fab Highlighter. If I want to look a little more done up, this Becca one is my favorite. It is a Limited Edition, so i am going to stock up before it’s gone. I use this brush to apply it with. I just got this rainbow brush from Too Faced. It 100% is not as good of a brush as the first one I linked, but it is SO cute, I just had to have it – and it does do a good job, I just prefer the other.
Let’s move on to eyes!
- I use this brow pencil. I have used it for nearly 8 years now, and I haven’t found anything that compares. I do like using the Chella highligher and gel after I do my brows. I ordered the ABH dip brow, and wasn’t impressed.
- If I know it’s going to be muggy at the event, like a golf party or a summer wedding, I will use this primer for my eye shadow – but it is definitely not an every day product for me!
- My go-to shadow palette has been Naked 2. David got it for me for Christmas yeas ago, and I finally ran out of my favorite color. So, I just ordered the individual size of Half Baked.
- I am obsessed with this eyeliner. I don’t like gels or pencils (I find they don’t last as long, and smudge really easily). I did try the Stila eyeliner and went back to the Nars one!
- I usually don’t love mascara. I even tried that L’Oreal one with the primer that the whole world loves – and I won’t even link it because it was clumpy and I picked at it. I just got this Urban Decay mascara, and am proud to say I have worn it for over a week, and haven’t been bothered by it! So it is a must-have in my book!
Shop my skincare must-haves:
Shop my face must-haves:
And my eye must-haves: