This post is sponsored by Reese Specialty Foods. All content and opinions remain my own. #StepOutOfYourComfortFood
Spring is home to two of my favorite holidays: Easter and Mother’s Day (I might be a little biased on that last one, haha!). We love hosting our families for brunch, and I am always looking for fun ways to jazz up our menus. This lemony, hearts of palm salad recipe is a great way to kick your salads up a notch for holiday entertaining. I use Reese Hearts of Palm for an unexpected, tasty twist. This salad requires little work, which means you could easily make it the night before a special brunch, or even the morning of!
What you need:
- arugula and spinach mix
- 1/4 cup of sliced red onion
- 2 cups of sliced Reese Hearts of Palm
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cucumber, cut into large hunks
- 1/2 cup of white rice
- 1 can of chickpeas
- pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Optional toppings: chopped cilantro or parsley.
What you do:
- Slice your red onion, and let it soak in cold water for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Cook your white rice according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan on low, add in rinsed chickpeas, and cook until they start to brown, around 7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Wash your greens, and fill a serving bowl. Toss with pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil until the greens are well-coated.
- Add white rice. I like to add it right into the middle of the salad.
- Sprinkle in chickpeas around the outside.
- Add in sliced celery, cucumber chunks, and sliced hearts of palm.
- Drain and add the red onion.
- Toss and serve!
There you have it! Nothing super complicated, but a fun and quick way to break out of your comfort zone (or food!) and experiment with new flavors!
Reese Specialty Food products are flavorful, unexpected, and vegan/vegetarian-friendly! Try Reese Artichokes, Hearts of Palm, Capers and Horseradish! Download the Ibotta app to earn rebates on Reese products!
Be sure to follow Reese Specialty Foods on Pinterest for more tasty recipes!