David and I aren’t huge into making New Year’s Resolutions, but we did make it a goal to eat more veggies. For us, simple things like taking time over the weekend to wash and cut all the veggies for the week have been game changers for us. But the girls aren’t too convinced. Their complaints? “These are too crunchy” and “these don’t taste good!” While I disagree on both, I have been challenged with getting a little creative, if I want the girls to eat more greens.
Eating better: good, spending my whole life in the kitchen cutting up herbs and seasonings: bad. That’s where Pop & Cook comes in to play! At peak freshness, Pop & Cook pulls their produce/herbs from the fields, process, and flash freeze into convenient trays within 90 minutes of harvest. With a two-year shelf life, you can have fresh garlic, onions, and herbs year round. Now that is “fresher than fresh!” I love being able to pull out my garlic and pop it right into the pan – no peeling or mincing required, and best of all? No washing my garlic press!
Today, I am going to share one of our favorite ways for the whole family to enjoy fress veggies, with Pop & Cook’s garlic!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1″ hunks
- 1/2 cup of broccoli florets (could also sub cauliflower)
- 1 cup trimmed green beans
- 1/2 yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (OR two simple “pops” of your Pop & Cook garlic!)
- 1 cup of chicken broth
What you do:
- Wash, prep, and cut your veggies.
- heat oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add in red pepper, broccoli, green beans, squash, and zucchini. Cook, stirring frequently until the veggies start to brown.
- Add in garlic, and stir for 1 minute.
- Add in chicken broth, let cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, drain excess liquid, and serve.
- Add salt and pepper to taste!