I posted a quick InstaStory of our fridge the other day, and got a bunch of questions about the containers I used, how things stayed fresh, etc. I figured it’d be easier to knock all your questions out with a fun fridge organization post, like what I did with the Pantry Organization post! So here we go!
I will be the first to admit we don’t always east as healthily (is that a word? it is today!) as we should, BUT! We are making a major effort to eat better this year. David and the girls could live on yogurt, so that’s a staple in our house. Cheese sticks, too. Those make for great snacks throughout the day.
We love using a spring mix for our salads, so I always buy the big container of that at the grocery store. We love using the Marzetti Simply Dressed dressings for our salads.
I have found that if we keep veggies and fruits washed and cut, that we will snack on those throughout the day, instead of grabbing a sweet or chips. It also makes packing school lunches and snacks a lot easier! A few things we always keep on hand are: blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, grapefruit, kiwi, bell peppers, baby carrots, and cucumbers! (and don’t forget the pickles and Dave’s beer!)
I love to store our food in these glass containers in the fridge. I love using it for our leftovers too, and the best part, they are dishwasher and oven-safe! Peyton and Addy are big fans of my pasta salad, and I keep a stash in there!
A few organizational tips:
- Things look more organized instantly if they are all stored in the same type of container.
- If you can, try to store things color-coded. It might sound crazy. But I absolutely love seeing a little rainbow of fruit containers.
- When getting started cleaning your fridge, it’s a MUST to take everything out and wipe it down.
- Check the expiration dates on condiment lids, and it wouldn’t hurt to open the lids and wipe down any excess gunk.
- Stock up on clear bins, and keep like foods together. I keep all the girls snacks and yogurts together, so its easy for them to reach!
Shop some of my fridge storage must haves below: