‘Tis the season for cookies, am I right?? I am headed to a cookie exchange later this week, so I had to think of a killer cookie to bake (and to bake over four dozen of!!). I knew I wanted to step it up from my sugar cookie recipe, so I opted to make my cake mix cookies – but add a festive twist. I’m going to let you in on a secret: cake mix cookies are the easiest thing. And they taste SO good. London and I crushed candy canes this morning, and added them into the mix, which adds the perfect flavor and texture to these cookies.
What you need:
- 1 box of Chocolate Fudge cake
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- approx 8 ounces of crushed candy canes (you can buy this now, but it’s so much more fun to crush on your own!)
What you do:
- Mix the cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil in a mixing bowl, until a dough is formed.
- Add in the crushed candy cane, and mix well.
- Wrap in plastic and store in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough into balls, and bake for 7-9 minutes.
I just doubled the recipe to make 4 dozen, and ended up with almost 5 dozen! So. We will be eating like kings for the next few days 😉
If you make these, I’d love to hear how they turned out!