If you can’t tell, we are big fans of Christmas cookies! I am always trying to find fun, new recipes and new ways to decorate them with the girls! Today, I am sharing this recipe for super-easy, low-maintenance, and festive color-blocked dipped cookies! This is my ultimate sugar cookie hack!!
Color-blocked Dipped Cookie Recipe
This recipe calls for sugar cookies – I like to make it easy on myself by using store-bought dough. Once your cookies are baked and cooled, you’re ready to start decorating these festive, color-blocked dipped cookies!
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons milk (more or less/for consistency)
- red food coloring
- sugar cookies
- Mix up the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk in a bowl. You want the consistency to be thick, but still liquid (but not too runny). Tip: add more milk to thin the mixture, and more powdered sugar if it’s too runny!
- Split the mixture into 2 bowls.
- Leave one bowl as is. In the other bowl, add a few drops of red food coloring.
- Dip 1/3 of each cookie into the red icing mixture. Let each set a few minutes, then dip each cookie into the white icing. Tip: dip each cookie at an angle, so you end up with this V shape, so that creates a pink corner!
These cookies will keep about a week in an air-tight container. They’re simple, but definitely visually appealing – YUM!