How was your Cinco de Mayo? Last year, I was unable to have a strawberry margarita (shout out to London), so I was pumped to have one this year. Margs are definitely not my drink of choice, but when in
We had my friend and her son (Pey’s bae) over for dinner. I made my mother-in-law’s amazing white chicken enchiladas, and then we gorged on chips with salsa and guac.
Here’s the AMAZING enchilada recipe:
½ cup chopped onion
1 minced garlic clove
2 table spoons of butter, melted
1 small can of sliced black olives (drained)
10 ¾ can of cream of chicken soup *
1 cup of sour cream
1 small can of chopped green chilies (drained)
3 chicken breasts (cooked and cubed)
1 cups shredded cheddar cheese
¼ cup milk
10 flour or corn tortillas
– Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
– In a medium saucepan on medium heat, cook onion and garlic in butter until the onion is tender
– stir in half of the olives, the soup, ½ cup of sour cream, and green chilies. Mix well
– pour 1 cup of the sauce into a bowl and set aside
* if using 2 cans of soup, reserve 1.5 cups
– stir chicken and ½ cup of cheese into the remaining sauce
– in the small bowl of reserved sauce, combine the remaining sour cream and milk. Blend well
– spread half cup of the sauce over the bottom of an ungreased 13×9 inch baking dish
– Heat the tortillas as directed on the package.
– spread about ¾ cup of the mixture with chicken and cheese into the center of a tortilla, roll it, and place it seam down in the pan. Continue doing so, pushing the rolled tortillas close together in a row in the pan, until you’ve used all the sauce
– spoon the remaining sauce without chicken and cheese over the tortillas and spread with a spoon
– sprinkle remaining cheese and olives on the top
– bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until completely heated and the cheese has melted
* note: I like mine extra saucy, so I add more cream of chicken soup
London inhaled about half of that bowl of guacamole for dinner. And we have since deemed her the guacamole monster.
And now, to whip up a festive mom-themed chalkboard for the weekend. We are celebrating Mother’s Day at the country club this year with a big brunch. My parents and brother will be joining us. It’s also my mom’s birthday. She’s one of the unlucky few who have their birthday and holiday lumped into one celebration. But at least no one ever forgets her birthday!! Unfortunately, it’s looking like it’s going to storm all day, but hey – spending the day with my whole family will be fun rain or shine!