Thank you Idahoan® Steakhouse® Soups for sponsoring this post. Treat your SOUP-er significant other to a delicious meal!
Once you become a parent, you tend to have less and less “me” time, and you tend to have less and less time to go out with your husband/wife/significant other. One thing David and I have tried to make a priority is our date nights. We try to take time once a week to go have dinner and focus on each other. Now, that doesn’t always happen, and finding a babysitter every week can be tough – and pricy. I’m going to share a few, fun ways to have date nights at home!
- Cook a simple meal together. David and I have so much fun in the kitchen together. He tends to not take anything very seriously, and it’s so funny to watch him follow recipes. Fun story: the first month we were dating, he went to the grocery store, shopped for everything for this super complicated recipe, and made me dinner all on his own. He even used a blender to make a tarragon sauce! So cute. So recreating a night like that is so much fun for us, and it’s WAY easier when we use Idahoan® Steakhouse® Soups. In just five minutes, and with a little water, we get the flavorful, slow-cooked taste of restaurant-quality soup at home. Idahoan® Steakhouse® Soups are available in four delicious varieties: Loaded Potato, Creamy Potato, Cheddar Broccoli and Cheddar Potato. My favorite is the Creamy Potato Idahoan Steakhouse Soup! The best part? We don’t have a mountain of dishes; nothing can ruin a night quite like a sink full of dishes! Turn on a movie and BAM! Dinner and a movie. (you never know when a mini dance party could pop up, either!)
- Play “Name that Treat”, or Chocolate Box Roulette. With Valentine’s Day approaching, store shelves are going to be stocked with those “mystery” boxes of chocolates. David and I ditch the paper that says what each flavor is, and take turns taking bites of chocolate. Most are delicious, but there are always those few chocolates that are just plain awful. Non-stop giggles will ensue!
- Play a board game. I can’t tell you how much fun it is to have another couple over and play a guys versus girls game. All you need are some drinks and a few easy appetizers, and you’re set for a great double-date!
- Do a puzzle together. This one is going to sound a little silly. But if there’s a puzzle in the room, David and I are there. It’s so fun, so intense, and such a great feeling when you’re done. David and I tend to act like it’s timed, and race to find the right piece, and celebrate with the most intense high fives when we finally get a tricky middle part done!
- Watch a movie outside. This is one of our favorites when it’s warmer. We put the girls to bed, and bring the baby monitor out with us on the patio, and turn on a movie. We have the luxury of living in a remote area, so we get to see so many stars. Pro tip: cozy blankets and string lights can really transform a space from your backyard to a magical night “out”.
I think my favorite part about nights “in” are the stress-free factor! You don’t need to find a babysitter, there are no lines or crowds, and you never run the risk of things selling out 😉
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.