I was recently introduced to Beautycounter, and to say it was love would be an understatement. I don’t often switch up my makeup routine, and I have my daily regimen down to a science: foundation, eyebrows, eyeliner, maaaaybe lips, and go! But it’s those “going out in public” times when I was stuck in a rut. I didn’t even own blush, and contouring was (and still is) really intimidating. Enter: Beautycounter. Basically a one-stop shop for skincare, makeup, hair, and even stuff for your kiddos! The best part? The Beautycounter website features The Never List, which is a list of chemicals/ingredients NOT found in their products. Most of those ingredients are banned in other countries, but not in the US. Then, the products are tested (more than once) for heavy metals!
The way Beautycounter works, is you find a consultant. Mine is Lindsey, everybody, say “Hi, Lindsey!” She got me hooked, and runs an amazing Facebook page where she gives out samples and shares tips and video how-tos! (You can join the Facebook group just to learn about the products and ask any questions, too! I promise it isn’t a cult! Or find her on Instagram.), you can also shop online and avoid the consultant, but I find her super helpful!
***Lindsey set me up with a Social today – sounds fun, right? You can click here to head to the Beautycounter website, and at the top, in the blue header, you’ll see a drop menu that says: Shop My Socials. Find @heyitsjenna and shop through there – you’ll just help me earn more cleansing balm so I don’t have to tell Peyton and London they can’t use it 😉 ***
I am going to share a few of my favorites that I have had a chance to try out! Let’s jump right in with the products I have been using daily:
- The Hydrating Body Lotion. First of all, the smell is amazing. It’s citrus mimosa, and I have not had a lotion smell this fresh ever. My hands/arms have been so dry (thanks, winter), but this has been a life-saver.
- The Body Wash. Also in citrus mimosa, and oh-so creamy! I feel clean and fresh!
- The Cleansing Balm. I’ll admit I was intimidated by this at first, but after just one use, my mind was blown. You can use it to take off your makeup (even mascara!), and your face will feel like silk after! You can also use it on cuticles, as a night mask, and on a long list of things (like burns and eczema!). Basically, this will become your new everything balm. Peyton and London have been putting a tiny bit on their faces at night, and they love feeling like big girls 😉 And I love that I don’t have to worry about what’s in it being safe for their skin!
For going out/when I want to actually put a little more work into my face, I have a few other favorites!
- Lustro Shimmer Oil. This was actually the reason I reached out to Lindsey (my consultant). Someone on the internet was talking about shiny face oil, and I wanted some in my life. It looks super dark and aggressive in the bottle (and once again, I was intimidated – sensing a pattern here?), but it goes on so light, and you can’t feel it on your face. It adds just the perfect amount of shimmer. But, I feel like it’s too much for the average Target run. I save this for special occasions!
- Tint Skin. This is amazing. I don’t have the world’s most even skin tone, so I was a little worried when it said “tint” and not “omg full coverage to make you beautiful”, but it covered everything. I am wearing Linen, which is one of the lightest shades, and it matches my pale, winter skin perfectly! I don’t feel or look cakey after it dries. Real fact: I have switched to this after FIVE YEARS of using another foundation. That’s like. A big deal.
- Color Sweep Blush Duo. This is really fun to experiment with; you can use each color alone or layered! I have found a little bit of the pinker color on the apple of my cheek (is that what it’s called?) looks great with the darker color sweeping up my cheekbone!
- Color Pinch Cream Blush. There was a bit of a learning curve for me with this one. Or maybe I just have an aggressive method of application? But a little goes a long way. Once I figured it out, this is so much easier than grabbing a brush! It goes on so smoothly and blends well into my skin!
And there you have it! Have you tried Beautycounter? I would love to know some of your favorite products!