We had some bananas that were a little past their prime over the weekend, so I jumped at the chance to make our favorite Cranberry Banana Walnut Bread! This bread is seriously SO tasty, and we only have 2 slices left – yum! Buckle up, guys! Today, I am sharing my cranberry banana walnut bread recipe with you!
What you need
For the oatmeal topping (aka the BEST part!):
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- OPTIONAL: Add in a sprinkle of walnuts and/or cranberries
For the bread:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
What you do
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and spray bread pan (or muffin tin) with cooking spray (I just found this!!)
- Next, make the topping. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Next, in a medium bowl, mash bananas with the back of a big spoon, then stir in egg and milk.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, oats, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir just enough to combine (batter should be lumpy)
- Then mix in cranberries and walnuts. (Be careful not to over-stir!!)
- Pour the batter into the bread pan or muffin tin, and sprinkle evenly with topping mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean!
- Enjoy your freshly-baked cranberry banana walnut bread!
Hope you’re hanging in there, guys! If you make my cranberry banana walnut bread, be sure to come back and let me know what you think! The sun has finally found us in Michigan, and it finally feels like Spring!