Call me a common white girl, but I LOVE fall. Something about the crisp air, the leaves, the pumpkin-scented/flavored everything, and the fashion just clicks with me. Especially being pregnant this time of year, I am pretty much over summer. Bring on cardigans and [maternity] jeans!
I’ve put together some of my closet-staples for fall:
1. A floppy hat. This is a no-brainer for the fall. It’s practical because it keeps your hair out of your face when you get caught in a fall breeze, and to top it off, it adds an effortless level of chic-ness to an otherwise boring look. (I am also loving this one and this one for a pop of color!)
2. A chambray top. This one isn’t maternity. I actually haven’t found a maternity chambray that doesn’t have a weird belly tie, or weird ruffles. I just size up from my pre-maternity size, and rock that!
4. Denim jacket. Again, this isn’t maternity, but who buttons jackets anyway? I just rock my pre-maternity size, and let the bump out! A denim jacket is a great way to top off a look, or to break up a dress (see next!)
5. Black bodycon. Nothing is more chic than a little black dress. This tee-style dress is super versatile. If you want a casual look, it can be worn with a denim jacket and ankle boots. For a more stylish look, add some heels and boom! You’re ready! (cute non-maternity style here)
6. A layered gold necklace. I am a HUUUGE fan of delicate jewelry. I love having a simple gold necklace pop out from under an unbuttoned chambray. It has a playful look, but is still kid-friendly (read: no little hands can get them). That’s why I love my Rocksbox subscription. You can read more about it here, and use my code HEYITSJENNAXOXO to get a month free. Basically, it’s three pieces of jewelry delivered to your door for you to wear on loan – so much fun!
7. Ankle boots. These look good with everything, in my opinion. Pair them with a dress for a chic day look, or with skinny jeans to edge up your silhouette!
Bring on the fall!!