Today, I’m excited to share 5 easy ways to live a healthier lifestyle in 2022! Now, obviously, you could make some huge lifestyle changes that can lead to a waaaaaay healthier lifestyle than I’m sharing today… but I’m coming at you from a different perspective. Being a mom is a lot like being a cruise ship director — constantly running around, helping people, planning things, and often lunch is whatever is easiest to grab on the way out the door.
The 5 tips I am sharing today are easy to integrate into your daily routine without making huge lifestyle changes. I find when I set smaller, more achievable goals for myself, I am more likely to stick to them, and not feel defeated! So here we go!
5 Easy Ways to Live a Healthier Lifestyle
1. Drink enough water. Probably the most important (and easiest) thing you can do to achieve a healthier lifestyle is drink water!! Your body is constantly losing water throughout the day. Staying hydrated is important! If you don’t drink enough water, or just want to start keeping track of your water intake, a water bottle like this is an inexpensive and easy way to keep you on target throughout the day!
2. Have better-for-you snacks on hand throughout the day. I like to cut up bell peppers, cucumbers, and celery right after grocery shopping. I store them in these reusable, Stasher bags. Snacking on veggies is way easier when they’re already cut up 😉 We also love snacking on Kind Bars and Skinnygirl Popcorn!
3. Avoid negativity within yourself. Instead of saying: “I never should have….”, try saying : “if that hadn’t happened, I…” With enough practice, your self-talk will contain less self-criticism and more self-acceptance 👏🏻
I love being a TULA brand partner, because they’ve started an open conversation on Instagram about negative self-talk (linked the video here – it’s powerful!) TULA encourages me to embrace my skin! Instead of thinking things like, “I hate my skin!” I’m making a conscious effort to say things like, “I treat my skin with love! My goal is healthy skin, not perfect“.
Shop my TULA favorites, and save 15% with code: HEYITSJENNA:
4. Eat the rainbow. All fruits and veggies have vitamins and minerals – but choosing a variety of colors when it comes to your product offers the best variety of nutrients!
5. Get enough sleep each night. Did you know being sleep deprived may cause you to eat more than usual? A quick Google search tells me the average person requires 7-9 hours of sleep to feel “rested”. Most weeknights, I am looking at 6-7, so this is the toughest one for me! But making a conscious effort to put my phone on Focus Mode by 9pm has made a difference! I am no longer mindlessly scrolling Instagram until 11pm, and am officially at the point where I will return someones 10:30pm text at 6:30am 😂 But I am definitely feeling more rested, and in turn, and more productive during the day!
Do you have any tips or easy ways to live a healthier lifestyle this year? Please share them in the comments below!