Every once in a while, I come across a recipe that just looks like Christmas. This cranberry jalapeño dip is one of them. It’s one a friend of a friend made for a holiday parties years ago, and I loved, so I hunted the recipe down from her.
And then I forgot. Until this year, when I was rooting around in my recipe tin for a festive appetizer for a holiday dinner party. I made this, and it was a hit!
What you need:
- 12 oz bag of fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup of green onion
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper
- 2 tbsp of cilantro (optional)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- a sprinkle of salt
- 16 oz whipped cream cheese
This will serve a big group. Halve the ingredients for a smaller group!
What you do:
- Hand-chop the cranberries. This is tedious but will save the recipe!
- Chop the green onion, jalapeño pepper, and cilantro.
- In a bowl, add the chopped cranberries, chopped green onion, chopped pepper, and chopped cilantro.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, and salt on top of the mixture, and stir to coat everything.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, drain all the liquid from the mixture.
- Whip the cream cheese with a blender until it’s fluffy (about 2 minutes), and spread in the bottom of a serving container.
- Pour the cranberry mixture on top of the cream cheese, and keep covered in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Spread over Ritz crackers and enjoy!
Doesn’t that just look like the holidays? The perfect blend of sweetness with just a little kick!