This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, INC. and The Coca-Cola Company, all opinions are mine alone. #ServeWithACoke #Meijer #CollectiveBias
We have officially hit that “end of Summer hustle”, which pales in comparison to the “busy school night hustle”. I feel like most nights, we are being pulled in multiple directions, and eating in a hurry between play dates and soccer. So, once or twice a month, I give myself a break and let Meijer do the cooking! All I have to do is stop by the Meijer deli to find lots of great deals – like a juicy Meijer 30 oz. rotisserie chicken and any refreshing 2-liter Coca-Cola™ product for just $7.
There are so many possibilities (I think our favorite in the Winter is making homemade chicken noodle soup!), but these warm Summer nights call for something much cooler. Today, I am going to share my favorite Asian-inspired chicken salad!
What you need:
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 head of romaine lettuce
- 1/4 head of red cabbage
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 2 green onions
- 1/4 cup of cashews
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
What you do:
- Wash and chop up your romaine lettuce, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix olive oil, and finely diced cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste, and set aside.
- chop up red cabbage, red bell pepper, green onions, and rotisserie chicken, toss in a bowl with salt and pepper.
- take two bowls, and split the romaine lettuce between each. Top with the chicken mix, and then the dressing. Garnish with cashews.
- This recipe serves 2! Serve immediately.
We love this salad served up with a glass of Coca-Cola™, since it’s so refreshing, and really does go with anything! And click here if you’re interested in some other great easy-to-follow recipes that pair well with a Coca-Cola!