I am sharing one of our favorite dinners. It’s an easy one to bake, or toss on the grill, and because it’s a foil packet dinner, dirty dishes are minimal! Let’s jump right in!
What you need:
- 1 pound of peeled shrimp
- 1 package of smoked andouille sausage, sliced
- 2 ears of corn, cut into thirds
- 1 pound of baby redskin potatoes, halved
- olive oil
- cajun seasoning (to taste)
- aluminum foil
What you do:
- preheat your oven to 425 or heat your grill
- cut 4 sheets of foil, and drizzle olive oil into each.
- divide the shrimp, sausage, corn, and potatoes into each piece of foil, and toss. Add addition olive oil, if needed. You don’t want it soaked, but you don’t want it dry!
- sprinkle cajun seasoning into each packet. We go big on this, but do it to taste!
- wrap them up, and make sure the foil is firmly closed.
- place on baking sheet in oven and cook for 15-17 minutes, OR place directly onto grill, and cook 12-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy!
This is great to prepare ahead in bigger portions, and serve at a cookout, since it’s very low maintenance! Would be great with a side of rice or fries 😉