I shared this recipe on my InstaStories, and a bunch of people asked for a more “hard copy” of it, so here goes!
I actually had to make up a name, just now! Last winter, in the thick of Sunday football, I was at a block for dinner ideas, and had a pound of ground beef and break and bake biscuits. This take on the sloppy joe was born!
What you need:
- 1lb ground beef
- Break and bake biscuits
- Diced onion
- BBQ Sauce
- Honey Mustard
- Hot Sauce
What you do:
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brown your ground beef in a pan. Drain, and return to heat.
- Add onions, and continue cooking until onions are clear.
- Drain again, if necessary, then turn heat to a simmer.
- Add in sauces. I don’t measure, but I go in this order from most to least: BBQ sauce, ketchup, honey mustard, and hot sauce. Basically, you want to coat the meat, but not make soup.
- Mix and continue simmering for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- On your prepared pan, flatten a biscuit, and scoop 2-3 spoonfuls of the meat mix in. Fold up. Note: work quickly here. As the biscuits heat up, they’ll start to open up – they’ll still taste great, but the presentation will be a bit iify 😉
- Optional: top with cheese
- Bake about 10 minutes. Depending on how well-done you like your biscuits!
David and I prefer to eat them with a fork, but you could totally just dig in! (Also note the 3 on the stove that “opened” before I had a chance to get them in the oven. Still tasted great!) We like to serve with green beans or curly fries, for a quick and easy weeknight meal!