Can we all agree that one-pan dinners are the bomb.com? Because there’s nothing worse than finally getting to enjoy a meal you’ve made, and sitting there all fat and happy, and realizing you have a pile of dishes to clean – ew. This is also one of the very few dinners that everybody will eat, even picky Peyton! So. Here is our chicken and veggie recipe:
- chicken breasts (I use 3 for David, myself, and the girls)
- fresh broccoli
- baby redskin potatoes
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp dejon mustard
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt, pepper, garlic powder
What you do:
- Cheat and line a pan with aluminum foil because messes are for squares. Also preheat the oven to 425.
- In a small bowl mix: olive oil, balsamic vinaigrette, dejon mustard, and soy sauce.
- Half your potatoes, and cut your broccoli. Add them and the chicken to your pan.
- Drizzle the liquid mix over everything, flip your chicken, and toss a bit to mix. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and toss a bit more, so everything is coated evenly AND cooking evenly. Place back in the oven for an additional 10ish minutes (until chicken is thoroughly cooked and the potatoes are done!)
This is especially easy on a busy weeknight, since you can pre-cut your veggies, and even marinate your chicken in the liquid mix! As always, if you try this recipe, I’d love to hear if you loved it, or how you tweaked it 🙂