I’m excited to start a new series where I’ll be sharing some of our go-to weekday meal ideas! Don’t get me wrong, I love to cook… but, honestly, with three kiddos hanging on my legs, and Lo trying to crawl into the oven (shoutout to London!), it’s all about 10 minute meals, and using what’s on hand.
Today’s meal is Hawaiian BBQ chicken wraps. I looooove barbecue sauce. I could actually put it on everything. But my biggest barbecue love is Hawaiian bbq chicken pizza, which totally grosses David out. However, I whipped these wraps up, and Dave loved them. (Psst. don’t tell him, but it’s basically the same ingredients!)
WHAT YOU NEED:
- tortilla shells
- chicken breasts (I use two breasts, for 2 people)
- barbecue sauce (I love using Sweet Baby Ray’s because it’s thick and amazing)
- shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (I prefer to use mozzarella, but David likes Colby Jack!)
WHAT YOU DO:
- Fully cook chicken in a pan. I add a little salt, pepper, and garlic power to taste
- While chicken is cooking, cut up your onion, lettuce, and pineapple. Toss to mix in a small bowl
- Once chicken is fully cooked, remove from heat and toss in BBQ sauce, until all chicken is covered (be generous!!)
- start with a tortilla shell, add a nice portion of the pineapple mix, and top with the chicken.
- Roll shell, and eat up!
This recipe makes two good-sized wraps for each of us. Eat them alone, or some good side suggestions would be: fries, pasta salad, cole slaw, etc!