We are just over three weeks into life with a [yet another] newborn. I feel like I was JUST writing this post when London was born… but baby products change and there are always fun, new things that help make life easier!
1. Pacifier and a Clip. neither of our other girls were super into their paci, but Adaline is obsessed. Since she’s obsessed, you definitely DON’T want to lose it, so I have a 2 step program to save the day here. 1. Find a pacifier the baby loves, and buy a few! 2. Get a cute clip, so you don’t lose it in Target!
2. The Ollie World Swaddle. We have tried the Halo Sleep Sack with the other girls, and I can honestly say I love this Ollie World Swaddle! It’s like a tiny, velcro straight jacket, and Adaline instantly calms down once she’s in it!
2. NeatCheeks Wipes. Because you can never have too many wipes, and bonus: these are flavored, so the bigger girls ALWAYS have a clean face 😉
4. No-Scratch Mittens. Because babies have dagger nails, and it’s nearly impossible to file or clip them!
5. A Carseat/Carrier. We are lucky enough to be able to re-use London’s. No new laws or regulations passed, so that saves us some money! We have the Cybex Aton Q, and it’s still bulky and awkward, but it’s sleek and dare I say: stylish!
6. A Basinette. Baby will probably be shacking up with you for at least the first month, so she’ll need somewhere to sleep. The Monte Design Rockwell is a bit on the pricey side, but it fits well with our bedroom decor, and Adaline seems to like it. It’s also high enough to where London can’t reach in, so it keeps her safe 😉
7. An Infant Tub. We had a fabric one with Peyton, it got smelly and gross in a month. Never again. We’ve also tried to Boon bath with London, and found that it was a little big for her; you could tell she didn’t feel secure in it. This Angel Care one is much smaller, and Adaline seems to like it!
8. A Solly Baby Wrap. I had and LOVED this baby wrap with London. Adaline is still really small, and I feel like she gets lost in the wrap, but I plan on wearing her a lot! It’s nice to have an arm back to help the bigger girls out!
10. Easy Dressing Pieces. I’m guilty of buying dresses and complicated outfits for Peyton as a newborn. You live, you learn. Adaline is living in these one pieces. They have hand covers, so I don’t have to worry about her scratching her face up. They’re footed, so she stays warm. They also zip up, so you don’t have to struggle with mis-buttoning your screaming infant during diaper changes!
11. A Diaper Pail. We were introduced to the Ubbi pail when London was a baby, and it’s seriously so good. It’s stainless steel, so it really keeps odors inside – which is helpful when you have it next to your bed, because your new roommate poops her pants A LOT. You can buy bags specially made for it, but the best part is you can also use normal trash bags!
If you have any life-saving newborn products that I am missing out on, please let me know below!!